Big Smiles FAQ
Big Smiles Frequently Asked Questions
Who Am I Helping By Donating To Big Smiles?
- You’re helping the environment by recycling your used items.
- You’re helping provide clothing for low-income families.
- You’re helping provide more mentors to children through Big Brothers Bigs Sisters of Winnipeg.
- You’re helping remove clutter, which is associated with improved mental health.
HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PICK UP?
- Please package items in bags or boxes – be sure to clearly label your items with a “B”.
- Place items in front of your home, on your front steps, and clearly visible from the street by 8:00am on your pick-up day.
- Your items will be collected between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm that day.
- Please wrap breakables with paper and place in a box to prevent breakage.
- In case of bad weather, please place all items in plastic and/or cover them, if possible.
What Do We Pick Up?
CLOTHING AND SOFT GOOD ITEMS
Anything made of material, regardless of season.
- adult/children’s clothing
- sewing remnants
Items & Kitchenware – items must be in working condition, resalable condition and clean.
- knick-knacks and small appliances (toasters, coffee makers, microwaves etc.)
- books * not encyclopedias
- sporting equipment
- garden tools
Can I Drop Off My Donation?
Our Big Smiles Collection Crew Has Drop-Off Location Conveniently Located Across The City!
Our team collects donations made at our drop off sites once a week. With our bins located in every Winnipeg Neighborhood, this is the easiest way to donate your second-hand items and help support a great cause!
Look for the green Big Smiles Bins in your neighborhood!