Current Career Listings
Agency Support Officer
Full-time, Permanent – October, 2018
The difference a mentor makes in a child’s life multiplies exponentially when you look at the impact it can make on a community. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Winnipeg empowers and inspires children to reach their full potential; changing the course of these young lives through mentorship can also change the dynamics of a family and the community for the better.
This position is responsible for supporting all Agency administrative functions in fund development, service delivery, marketing & communications, volunteer services and the Big Smiles Collection Crew. The Agency Support Officer will provide organizational support for events and activities, and will assist in other Agency initiatives, including research and database management, direct mail, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate logistics of our annual Bowl for Kids Sake fundraiser and any newly established event-based revenue streams
- Provide support for all Individual and Corporate donation functions – database, direct mail, ticket donations, stewardship and recognition
- Assist with the organization and implementation of volunteer appreciation and client recreation events (including Dream Big, Rudolph Red Tag and AGM)
- Support the Service Delivery team with administrative duties as requested, including newsletter and mail distribution, and client registration calling
- Assist as back-up for Receptionist, responding to phone and email questions and concerns, as well as preparing routes and calling information for TRs and drivers for our Big Smiles program
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a not-for-profit/charitable organization
- Superior knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, including excel and database experience, familiarity with Constant Contact and strong fluency with Internet usage (Cloud-based storage systems), with established ability to quickly learn new software, database and web-based applications
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills with high level of detail orientation and accuracy, able to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Previous experience working with a broad range of partners from community organizations, major businesses, and volunteers
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills. Strong contributor in a team environment
- Ability to think creatively and resourcefully
- Must pass criminal record check, including vulnerable sector clearance
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- On occasion, may be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
We are accepting resumés for this full-time permanent position until October 12, 2018. No phone calls please. Email only to email@example.com.